Mission & Vision
The mission of the Armed Forces Pensioner’/Annuitants’ Association of Canada is to defend and promote the rights and interests of former members of the Canadian Armed Forces retirees and their survivors.
Our fundamental belief is that all former members of the Canadian Armed Forces deserve to be treated with respect, dignity and justice by the Government which they served, regardless of when or where.
The Association achieves its mission by:
- Monitoring federal government activities and legislation that impact the welfare and livelihood of our members;
- Taking defensive action against threats to the welfare and livelihood of our members;
- Notifying members of their rights, and any perceived threats thereto, through a variety of media;
- Conducting occasional formal surveys to gauge members’ concerns;
- Soliciting opinions from members regarding inadequacies in existing legislation or practices, and;
- Cooperating with other veterans and seniors organizations with similar objectives.