DND (CFSA) Retirement Benefit Information

Below are some frequently asked questions by retired Canadian Forces members. More information can be found on the Canada Forces Pension Office website.

How do I change my mailing address?

To change your mailing address please contact the Canadian Forces Pension Office by telephone at 1-800-267-0350 or 613-952-9933.

What happens to my CFSA annuity when I am 65 or when I start receiving a Canada or Quebec Pension?

If you were released from the Canadian Forces after 1 June 1966, your CFSA annuity will be reduced automatically the month following your 65th birthday.  If you have been awarded a CPP or QPP disability benefit before you are 65, then the reduction will be effective on the date that the CPP/QPPdisability benefit started.

I am the survivor of a former Forces member and I receive a survivor's annual allowance. Will I be affected when I reach 65?

No. Only the pensions of actual CFSA contributors are affected. Pension benefits payable to their survivors are not.

Can I receive my Canadian Forces Pension outside of Canada?

Yes, if you reside in one of the countries where arrangements exist, payments are made in the currency of that country. The amount deducted for income tax is determined by your country of residence in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency guidelines.

When will my Canadian Forces pension first be indexed?

Normally, on the 1st of the month of your birthday, between the ages of 55 and 60, depending on how many full years of pensionable service you have to your credit.